Governance and Compliance
We are committed to building and entrenching a sustainable governance and compliance framework
In 2007, the Visy Governance Board was established to oversee the strategic direction of the group with a much greater emphasis on corporate governance.
The Visy Governance Board's role and responsibilities include:
- Continuously identifying and measuring risks that might impact upon the achievement of Visy's financial, strategic and operational objectives;
- Monitoring the performance of, and continuously improving, the effectiveness of risk management systems and internal compliance and controls
- Ensuring that Visy's business activities adopt best corporate governance practices and comply with all legal requirements.
Visy remains committed to the challenge of building and entrenching a sustainable governance and compliance framework. The Visy Governance Board will continue to oversee, monitor and improve the effectiveness of this framework in all areas including legal and regulatory compliance, health and safety, environment, trade practices and employment obligations.
Visy Governance Board
- Mr Allan Fels (Chairman - Non Executive Member)
- Mr Greg Janes (Non Executive Member)
- Mr Mark De Wit (Chief Executive Officer)
- Mr Vin O'Halloran (Group General Manager)
- Mr Robert Kaye (Group General Counsel & Company Secretary)
- Mr Terry Salipas (Chief Financial Officer)
- Code of Conduct
- Child and Forced Labour
- Competition and Consumer Law Compliance Policy
- Complaints Handling Policy
- Whistleblower and Improper Conduct Policy
- Commitment to Responsible Supply Chains
- Safety Policy
- Environment Policy
- Quality Policy
- Safe Transport Policy
- Food Safety Policy
For more information, contact email@example.com or call +61 3 9247 4777
Responsible Fibre Sourcing
- Responsible Sourcing Commitment - Fibre
- Visy Pulp and Paper DDS Process Summary 2023 - 2024
- PEFC Fibre Supplier Risk Assessment 2023
- Visy Controlled Wood Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan 2023
- Visy FSC Chain of Custody Certificate
Learn more about Visy’s responsible forest management and FSC certification.
- Emergency management response plan
- Emergency services and authorities contact numbers (Australia and New Zealand)
NSW pollution incident response management plan (PIRMP)
In accordance with Section 153D and Section 66(6) of the NSW POEO Act, Visy sites in NSW that hold an Environmental Protection Licence (EPL) have prepared Pollution Incident Response Management Plans (PIRMPs) that details the specific information for contacting relevant authorities and the community in event of an emergency. A flowchart that describes the notification process is attached and a list of the Visy NSW EPL sites and NSW Emergency Contacts are on the attached form.